It’s time for back to school hairstyles to shine again! A new school year signals the start of something new and very exciting. This is why back to school hairstyles must always be special and festive! But of course, these hair looks must also be practical: easy enough to accomplish during the hectic morning rush and secure enough to last a long day of work and play. I’m sure you’re all eagerly looking for some inspiration for your little girls’ latest looks already. Here’s one I know will look amazing: this easy stacked bubble braid!
Back to School Hairstyles | Easy Stacked Bubble Braid Tutorial
I’ve always loved playing around with my hair, even as a little girl (which probably explains why I became a hairstylist!). I’m sure I came up with some pretty crazy looks leading up to the start of the new school year—I just couldn’t wait to show off my pretty plaits and DIY curls and waves! This is why back to school hairstyles hold a special place in my heart. And seeing this tutorial for this stacked bubble braid by Cute Girls Hairstyles totally made my heart skips a beat! Your little girl will look awesome in this style!
What you need:
- 5 or more hair elastics
- Bobby pins, as needed
- Hairspray, as needed
- Paddle brush
- Choose matching elastics for a more uniform look. Hair ties that match your little girl’s hair color are a given, but consider the cute possibilities of a brightly-colored set!
- Brush out her hair before styling to untangle any knots that could interfere with your braiding.
- To make a high ponytail secure enough, tie the ponytail with two thick elastics or hair ties.
- Back to school hairstyles should last well after the final bell rings—a few spritzes of light hold hairspray or working some gel to smooth over small wisps of hair should hold the style and keep it looking neat for longer.
- Add an accent braid to the crown for added impact.
1. Secure the high ponytail
Use two elastics to keep the ponytail high and tight.
2. Extend the braid down to the end
If you’ve started with the accent braid at the crown, simply continue the braid until the ends of the hair. If you didn’t opt for the accent braid, you can start a braid at this point of the high ponytail.
3. Brush out remaining hair
Smooth out the rest of the ponytail under the braid.
4. Create first bubble
Secure an elastic two or three inches down from the ponytail.
5. Pull out sides
Pull and slightly poof out the hair beside and behind the top braid.
6. Optional: hide elastic with more hair
You can choose to wrap a section of hair from the back around the elastic and secure it with a bobby pin, but just leaving the elastic exposed will do and save you a step.
7. Repeat and continue until the end of the ponytail
Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 until you reach the ends of the hair.
8. Secure ends with elastic
Use two thin elastics to hold the look together.
9. Now she’s ready for the first day of school!
A small misting of hairspray should do the trick!
Take a look at the more detailed step-by-step tutorial by CuteGirlsHairstyles below:
Back to school hairstyles need not give you a headache! Make the experience enjoyable for you and your little one by choosing a bangin’ style that isn’t too heavy on the steps or use of hot tools! Good luck and happy hairstyling!
Want more hair ideas? Look here.